The instructor update class is a much less formal process and generally takes only one day. Trainers can provide instructor updates as one of their offerings. What is involved in an update class is a great question.
- Discipline skills assessment, all skills do not need to be assessed.
- Cover all changes in the discipline that have taken place over the past 5 years.
- Cover all changes in the ACA that have taken place over the past 5 years. A great example are the relatively new First Aid and CPR requirements. The new skills assessment program is another great example.
- Share teaching techniques.
- Verify teaching skills.
- Verify the instructor knows about all the various ways to register and report skills and assessment courses.
The objective of an update class is pretty simple - ensure the instructor stays current in knowledge of the discipline and the ACA.